Essential Oils (EO) have changed my life.
My plantar fasciitis is better (PanAway EO, Valor EO, wintergreen EO). No more indigestion (peppermint EO). No more tension headaches (PanAway EO). No more fluoride in my toothpaste (coconut oil, baking soda, lemon EO). No more undesirable ingredients in my deodorant (coconut oil, arrowroot, baking soda, EO of choice). My life has become surrounded by essential oils.
And, here’s a newsflash … I have little vertical lines above my upper lip – from my lip line to about 1/2″ – 3/4″ above my lip line. OK, so I’m sixty-five on the twenty-eighth of this month … I still don’t like them. I read on one of my Facebook essential oil blogs to try frankincense mixed with a little coconut oil. Yeah, right … those lines have been there for years and years … not likely, but what the heck.
I started scooping a wee bit of coconut oil on the tips of two fingers and then one drop of frankincense about two weeks ago. I dismissed comments made to me about how good I looked … but when a good friend told me (yeah, she’s the honest type I can trust) I looked in the mirror. The lines on my right side had faded a good bit … while the left side looks better, there’s still some work to be done there. Maybe it’s because I’m left- handed???
Who knows, but I know this … that dang stuff works.
I had become an independent distributor for Young Living – not because I wanted to become an independent distributor – but because the starter kit for $150 had a diffuser (retail: $96) and ten (10) essential oils including PanAway and I wanted to pay wholesale prices for my oils. No real interest in ‘hitting the pavement’ or ‘knocking on doors’ or coercing my friends/family to buy … I wanted them for me … just me. Well, that didn’t quite work as I planned … people want these oils … and Young Living has a seed to seal guarantee that can’t be beat. So I took the plunge and opted for a Young Living personal website so whomever could order directly. It didn’t take much effort on my part … just a couple bucks a month and I’m up and running. Check it out … SimplyWyse.
20 Great Ways to Use Essential Oils
- Runny nose … swipe a drop of lemon down each side of the nose to dry it up. Stay out of the sun afterwards to avoid sunburn.
- Drowsiness … combine peppermint and orange, apply to the back of the neck, next inhale the oil left on your hands. Or add 4 drops of each to your diffuser.
- Itchy, irritated eyes … dab lavender with a bit of carrier oil on the facial bones surrounding your eyes (careful to keep oil away from eyes). If applying to children, make sure they don’t rub their eyes until oil is absorbed.
- Allergies … mix up equal parts of lavender, lemon and peppermint – sure beats antibiotics! Apply to bottom of your feet morning and night and diffuse it, too.
- Earache/Infection … combine 2 drops basil or Melaleuca (aka Tea Tree) with a little carrier oil and rub around the rim of the ear, behind the ear and just inside. Apply several times a day. Note: never drop essential oils directly into the ear.
- Bad breath … a drop of Peppermint on your tongue and you’re kissable fresh again.
- Athlete’s foot … Melaleuca (Tea Tree) works wonders! Apply neat (meaning undiluted) to affected areas twice a day.
- Toe fungus … Melaleuca (Tea Tree) – dab the affected toenail with a saturated q-tip morning and night.
- Unsightly warts or skin tags … use a Q-tip to dab one drop of oregano or frankincense oil on the affected area morning and night. Both are a hot oil so you won’t want to spread it around. Skin tags should fall off in two or three of weeks. Warts will take a bit longer but eventually will disappear. For kids: lemon works. too. Apply morning and night and don’t cover with a Band-Aid; it’s important to let the area breathe. Also, it’s convenient to put the EO in a roll-on bottle so kids can apply themselves…they like taking charge Be careful of too much sun after the application of lemon oil.
- Cellulite … pour a bottle of grapefruit into a 4 oz. bottle of fractionated coconut oil and rub into problem areas after shower or bath. You’ll smell divine and your skin will be so soft.
- Fleas on Your Dog … drip a couple drops of Melaleuca (tea tree) on back of your dog’s collar. Or, tie a bandanna with a few drops of Melaleuca (tea tree) around your dogs neck and watch fleas flee!
- Dog’s Ear Infection … place 1 of drop of Melaleuca (tea tree) and carrier oil on a cotton ball, wipe inside of ear several times a day.
- Dog with Sunburned Nose … dab a little lavender with carrier oil on his nose for relief. This works for people too!
- Fever … a few drops of Peppermint mixed with a carrier oil and applied to the torso can drop body temperature by 3 degrees in minutes.
- Burns … a drop of lavender will immediately stop the pain and mitigate tissue damage.
- Heartburn … a couple drops of peppermint in a small glass of milk will knock out heartburn. Or, try rubbing a few drops of Di-Gize blend over your chest. It really works!